Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Recurring Tasks in JIRA

Dear Community, 

I would like to create the recurring task in Jira without buying new applications. 

Could you please advise me if there is any ScriptRunner code i could use in order to set up weekly task ?

Thank you in advance :) 

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Magdalena Migas

Just as an alternative - Automation for Jira is now native to all Jira Cloud sites.

You can view the documentation on how to use it in these pages - but one of the triggers in automation you can use is "Scheduled" - to set when an issue should be created each week - and then use an action to create the issue.

You can get started with automation for Jira at a project-level by going to Project Settings > Project Automation.

Ste

Thank you for advise ! ;)

Like # people like this

this is not for free is  it? 

Hi @Nicolas Balcazar

Automation for Jira is included in the cost of Jira Software Cloud.

Whilst all tiers receive unlimited project-level executions, there are some usage limits for global executions depending on your tier.

These are:

• Free: 100 global executions per month
  • Standard: 500 executions per month
  • Premium: 1000 executions per user, per month

This is great @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ ! I already started using it!

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Magdalena Migas 

I recommend checking this blogpost: https://www.adaptavist.com/blog/automate-your-maintenance-and-keep-your-sanity-with-scheduled-jobs-for-scriptrunner-for-jira-and-jira-service-desk-cloud/

The video at the bottom shows you what it does. I believe this may help you get started with the setup. You'll have to adjust some lines to fit your specific requirement, but that shouldn't be too hard.

Hope it helps!

Kind regards
Jorden

Honestly this is just ridiculous.  I use automation for lots of things, but to create recurring tasks?  Come on - there is no way I can expect my users to create an automation rule for every task they want to have recur.

If Atlassian wants people to adopt Jira for general task management and collaboration they need to include basic features like task recurrence.

How this is not already a part of Jira is simply a mystery to me.

💯% my thinking as well!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you