Recover the jira-administrators group

Rafael Hernandez November 14, 2017

I've accidentally deleted the jira-administrators group and I dont know how can I recover its admin permissions. I can add the group back but, it does not show the admin flag next to the group name.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I tested adding the jira-administrators group back and it works just fine. The missing Admin flag next to the group name was not needed. The permissions are set in the Permission Schemes.

1 vote
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2017

Hello,

Admin permissions are given in the global permissions. Grant this role Jira System Administrators and Jira Administrators permissions. You can read more about global permissions here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/managing-global-permissions-802592439.html

Thanks! Issue resolved.

Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2017

Hi Rafael,

If the issue is resolved, please accept Alexey's answer to help other people with similar problems.

Suggest an answer