Recover Applinks between jira and fisheye

Bruno BLAISE January 22, 2013

I manage a platform where each jira projects (more than 1000) were linked with a fisheye repository (Same project key). Thus more than 1000 applinks are defined between jira and fisheye.

I was working on the application links and by mistake I did a remove of the applink between the jira instance and the fisheye instance.

I know, i'm stupid... :-(

Do you have a trick to rollback the links?

Via the database or a tool, a script to create a link if a jira project key is equal to a fisheye repo.

I need your help.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2013

Yes. Only if you want to. However, mapping is no longer neccessary with FishEye 2.9.x and above as it has major architecture improvement ;)

Bruno BLAISE January 23, 2013

I have planned a migration to FishEye 2.9.2 tomorrow. I come back to you after the migration.

Bruno BLAISE January 24, 2013

Janet,

The upgrade has been made to the version 2.9.2 and indeed it was the solution.

The FisheyePlugin is much more faster and the applinks per project is not needed anymore.

Thanks for your help,

Bruno

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

IIRC, the links are stored in the config.xml file, in the root of the fisheye_inst dir - ie the dir where your indexes and so on are.

This is such a critical file and so prone to corruption that we have a cron job that checks it into VCS every one hour, if it's different from its predecessor. I know, horse, stable door, etc, but might be worth considering.

Hi Jamie,

Good idea to do a versionning on config.xml. I will plan to do it as well.

As said, I will migrate to FishEye 2.9.2 and I hope that the links within jira are not needed anymore :-(

0 votes

Hi Janet,

Thanks for your quick answer.

Currently, we have Jira 5.1.6 and FishEye 2.8.1.

By saying: "I think this is better than re-mapping all the repository to the project.", you mean:

1. even if I upgrade FishEye, I will have to manually map all the jira projects with the fisheye repositories. Each jira project is mapped to one fisheye repo. Thus 1000 link to redo manually one by one...
  2. the FishEye 2.9.x and above will help me to re-map the 1000 links more easily ?

Bruno

0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2013

Hi Bruno,

That will a lot of re-mapping if you plan to do it manually again. But, I think there is no entity link entities in the database when the application link was deleted.

There are a couple of workaround that you might want to go:

• If you are using FishEye 2.7.x and lower, you might want to upgrade to the latest FishEye 2.9.x and above. The idea behind this suggestion is that, this new FishEye versions together with JIRA FishEye plugin version 5.0.10 allow user not mapping the JIRA project with the FishEye repository. I think this is better than re-mapping all the repository to the project.
  • If you have backup data before the applinks was deleted, you might want to restore the backup data to a staging instance and use it as a reference to manually insert the data into the JIRA database. I think this is very risky way to recover all the applinks. I would like to note that, manual insert is not supported by Atlassian Support as well. Thus, not really recommended way.

Suggest an answer