Recommended deployment of Jira/Agile in AWS?

Hi,

We are a small startup with only 5-10 users and we are looking to deploy Jira/Agile in AWS (mainly because the hostel solution does not allow your own domain).

What will the recommended instance be?  I don't think I need a M3 or C3 instance?  WIll a T2.small be sufficient or even micro?

I know it been advised not to use micro but is that because it will not run well even with <10 users?

2 answers

2 votes

Ted,

Although it's technically feasible to run JIRA in a "t2.small" instance, I'd recommend a "t2.medium" instance, which has 4 GB of memory and 2 vCPUs. You'll have to consider that it will be necessary to run a DBMS on this server as well and JIRA may become slow over time as more issues, add-ons and functions are added.

--
Cheers!

Joao 

Hi,

Is the performance in AWS really bad?  From whatever I can see online, it seems for a similar price, AWS performance is pretty bad versus a normal server.  I could host it on a normal server but I really want the cloud feature since I do find the redundancy useful.

What I appreciate about Amazon is the ability to set my location in Frankfurt whereas Atlassian service doesn't seem to have such an option?  And I think we are forced to host in USA?

If I hosted it on Amazon or Atlassian Cloud, how easy is it for me to move between places.

I am also using this not for programming purposes but in a normal business, so there are a lot of options that seems more complicated than normal, is there maybe a method to turn off options to increase the speed?

I was mainly looking to get JIRA an Agile for the Kanban board feature.

Appreciate the feedback.  Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

22,402 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you