Recommended Jira setup with Stash?

Kan Kansson March 29, 2015

We currently use Mantis to handle bug and issue tracking, but are looking into replacing that with JIRA.

We use Stash to handle all our source code. We have set it up so each client has a separate project, and each client development project has it's own repository under the client project in Stash.

What is the recommended way of setting up projects in JIRA? Should I create one JIRA project for each Stash repository and then one component for each repository? Or maybe one JIRA project for each Stash repository? Or perhaps some other configuration?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2015

Out of the box, JIRA and Stash should be mapped as follows:

• JIRA Project <--> Stash Project

Should I create one JIRA project for each Stash repository and then one component for each repository?

I like this. This can work unless you have the requirement that no two clients can work on or see the same repo.

Kan Kansson March 30, 2015

Ehm... I see that I mistyped there... I meant to write "Should I create one JIRA project for each Stash project, and then one JIRA component for each repository". :) Usually most clients have no access to Mantis and Stash (unless they request it), and those clients who DO have access, can always see all of their repos, but not any other projects/repos.

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2015

Then you should be fine with this setup.

Kan Kansson March 30, 2015

Thanks for your input!

Suggest an answer