Recommended Breakdown Structure for JIRA

Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2016

Hi

This days I want to reengineering JIRA based workflow of our organization. We use JIRA for software development process and our project manager have RUP-based background and experience. Today I see this  and this questions and it's make interested me to ask this one. Now without considering JIRA and it's capability I draw my concerns as follow:

1. Our project has some sub system that we know it as components according below picture. Different use-cases were completed thorough different components. The first one wanting is tracking progress of this to dimension against (Logged work / Original estimate)as showed in drawing.

concept.png
  2. Different type of request and effort are considered here. For example a use-case maybe has been raised thorough each of request types and each use case were completed by participating several persons who their effort type are important to us and maybe we want to have some measurement like time spent for each of request and efforts type.

request-types.png

I think out about different customization and see plugins like Portfolio for JIRA for our concerns. I raise this question to know your exprinces and suggested best practices. I'll apperciate you if you take participate ans share your idea. I'll try to summarize all of them in a blog post.

If my question is ambiguous, I can explain it more in comments.

Cheers
Ansar

1 answer

0 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 27, 2016

Hey Ansar,

Take a look at Tempo for JIRA. It provides all the time reporting capabilities you are looking for.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/is.origo.jira.tempo-plugin/cloud/overview

Portfolio for JIRA addresses a different use case and not time reporting.

Cheers

Bhushan

Suggest an answer