Recognize these user groups?

Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2019

Hi everyone,

We recently noticed some user groups that appeared on our cloud instance:

_licensed-bamboo

_licensed-confluence

_licensed-jira

Anyone know if these are created by Atlassian cloud or some integration?  There are no descriptions on them and we're not aware of anyone on our team who created them.  

For those on cloud, do you have these groups on your instances?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2019

Hi Randy,

Thank you for reaching out to Community!

Just for us to better understand and help you with this issue, may we know if you migrated from a Server instance to Cloud?

I’ve searched for similar issues and found some, but customers were not asking about these specific groups, so, for now, we are not sure how it was created.

Also, maybe some add-on created these groups, do you know if these groups were already there when you first started working on this instance?

Regards,
Angélica

Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2019

Hi Angelica.  I do not have a record of these groups existing last year per the records i track.  So they showed up within the last year sometime.  We have always been on cloud.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2019

Thank you for the details, Randy. We were able to find some internal documentation and similar cases related to these groups.

Basically, these groups were hidden and they were used to prevent password reset for system administrators, but it was a long time ago when Cloud was known as OnDemand.

I see that you are a user from a jira.com instance and site-admin from an atlassian.net one, do you remember if there was a migration from one instance to another or a migration from an old Jira instance to this new one where you are seeing this groups?

These groups were considered special at that time and it's not used nowadays, so if they are not a default group or a group that gives some permission on the instance, you can safely remove it.

Like # people like this
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2019

Thanks for the confirmation.

Suggest an answer