Recognising a user without taking up a license

Kathrine Lauritzen August 28, 2014

I think this may has been answered ellswhere, but I havn't been able to locate an exact anser:

I have several external customers who send in ticket via email. They do not need to get access to Jira. They should receive the standard "we have received your ticket" e-mail and I need to have their name displayed in the "reported by" field.

Is this doable without taking up a license?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2014

Enterprise Mail Handler for JIRA Cloud (JEMHC) is just about to go live, this is an external addon service for JIRACloud, its intent is to support all aspects of email integration with JIRACloud, including email only user support:

In this case, issues are created on behalf of email users using an 'addon user', emails are stored in custom fields, and notifications are driven by the content of those cusom fields, full round trip support is there.

As has been said you have to have a 'user' if you want that user to be the 'reporter'.

For more on JEMHC, see https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMHC

0 votes
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2014

Hey Kathrine.

All users that create an issue within it may have an account under it's database and so it will consume a license.

The only thing that I thing ou can do is to create a 'generic' user that all your customers will use to create their tickets. Besides that there's not much that can be done.

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2014

Hi, Kathrine.

This answered question should help you:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/227996/allow-external-users-to-submit-tickets-via-email-without-consuming-an-on-demand-user-licence

Having their name displayed on the reported field, on the other hand, I don't think it is possible.

I hope it was helpful.

Suggest an answer