Receving notifications without being in any Recipient role

Veronika Uherková April 15, 2021

Hi guys, 

my colleague is facing an interesting issue. He receives notifications from Jira Service Desk even though he is not in any Recipient role set up for the specific Notification scheme. Attached is the picture of Notification scheme.

His role is the Administrator one for Jira, however when it comes to the ticket - changing the issue status is the only change he made as confirmed by the History of the ticket. Not Current Assignee, Reporter, Watcher or Single User.

Would you have any idea what can cause this or is it a system bug?NotificationScheme.PNG

Thanks a lot!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2021

Hi @Veronika Uherková 

There are two notification in service desk projects. The one you shared belongs to agent notifications. There is also customer notifications which can be accessed from Project settings > Customer notifications.

Which e-mail does she/he get?

Please check this link.

Veronika Uherková April 15, 2021

Apologies for missing details. Yes, it is related to agent notifications.

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2021

1- Which event is fired for status change? Generic event?

The source of the mail could be a different place such as custom post-function, automation of service management or an installed add-on. You should check all custom configuration.

Can you please check the e-mail body? Is it same as system mail templates? It may give a clue.

2- Ask the user check preferences from Profile section. The value could be "My Changes: Notify me". Then it sends e-mail to current user for his/her changes.

Like Veronika Uherková likes this
Veronika Uherková April 16, 2021

Hi Tansu,

thank you for your aditional questions. They guided me to find the specific post functions triggering a notification email being sent via some plugin. In the emails it is clearly visible that it states "User has a message for you..." so it is different than the system mail templates.

V.

Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2021

You are welcome, glad you found the trigger.

Suggest an answer