Recent upgrade to JIRA v6.3.15 has broken a Subversion post-commit hook.

David FALLAS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2015

A recent JIRA upgrade appears to have broken a Subversion post-commit hook that I have had in place for a number of years. This hook was working in tandem with the Commit Acceptance plugin (v1.6.0). The python script was using xmlrpc (http://[base]/jira/rpc/xmlrpc) in the URL being called here:

# invoke JIRA web service
xmlrpcUrl = jiraBaseURL + 'jira/rpc/xmlrpc'
try:
s = xmlrpclib.ServerProxy(xmlrpcUrl)
acceptance, comment = s.commitacc.acceptCommit(jiraLogin, jiraPassword, author, projectKey, message).split('|');
except:
acceptance, comment = ['false', 'Unable to connect to the JIRA server at "' + xmlrpcUrl + '".']

I noted in the JIRA upgrade documentation that the use of rpc/xmlrpc is to be deprecated, though I assume that an update to the plugin would accommodate that.

In the meantime however, this hook is essential to our QA measures. How do I reinstantiate this functionality?

1 answer

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2015

David, the Commit Policy Plugin is an alternative to the Commit Acceptance Plugin (with quite some major improvements).

One of the differences that it is using the REST API, so that it will work for 6.3 and especially for the JIRA 7 line (where the XMLRPC API is not just deprecated, but totally removed).

Trial this free.

Suggest an answer