One of our developers pointed to the fact that chrome refuses to execute some scripts while displaying jira, because they have incorrect MIME type. Google says that turning off "x-content-type-options:nosniff header" should be a quick workaround, but I'm concerned about weakening the security with such step.
The problem were related to three things:
*IIS server passing information about incorrect myme types to browser
*Chrome getting the info and denying to execute the "uncertain type" scripts.
Having all three of these factors at the same time caused this strange behaviour. So removing any of these factors solves the problem:
Chrome: changing the browser does the trick. But hey, you can't force people to just change browser :)
IIS: removing header "x-content-type-options:nosniff" from IIS settings solves the problem. However, be aware, that it means weakening the security of your Jira instance. If you have open Jira instance with external users (clients) be sure to avoid this solution.
We removed the nosniff and it works ok, however we use jira only internally in our network.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs