Receiving notification emails for the tickets created via email

Elif Alverson June 23, 2017

Hello, 

Is it possible to receive notification emails for the jira issues created by specific mail server? Right now only the assignee receives the initial email stating that he has gotten a new issue. Can other people receive the same type of email about the issues opened by specific mail server?

Thank you.

Elif

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2017

I've never needed to so I don't know where the logs are, but I would check the log to make sure the event is actually firing. Double check you actually published the new workflow after you edited it. 

Elif Alverson June 27, 2017

I checked the workflow several times and it is published. I will delete and try from the beginning to see if I am missing anything. Thanks got your time.

Joe, 

It is working now! Thank you for your help and understaning.

Elif

1 vote
Vladimir Horev _Raley_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 10, 2018

Hi @Elif Alverson,

I just received a request asking that four ujira users want to receive notification emails every time a task issue type ticket created for Project X.

For this specific request you can try our add-on Raley Emails Notifications

To limit notifications only to issues created by specific email server, you need to add a JQL condition in notification that checks against a specific reporter.

I guess, the configuration should be trivial but let me know if you need any help.

Best,

Vladimir

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2017

Do they have at least browse permission to the project? That's all I can think would stop it.

Yes, they do. They are all member of jira developers group.

image.png

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2017

did you create the new event and put it in the post function for the create transition?

Joe, 

I created the event called  " create release readiness " and i pu it in the post fuctions for Transition: Creat Issue. Please see the screan shot below for details. 

It does not send any notification emails when there is " release readiness " issue type created. 

Thanks for your help.

Elif

image.png

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2017

Out of the box JIRA notifications are controlled by the notification scheme. It notifications to whatever roles/groups are set to receive them based on the event. It doesn't restrict them to only emails from one server. If that is happening you have a plugin or code modification and will have to investigate that. 

No, that is  not happenening to us. I just received a request asking that four ujira users want to receive notification emails every time a task issue type ticket created for Project X. I am trying to figure out how to make this request work. Any idea?

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2017

Do the following:

Create a role with a name like 'Create Task'. 
Create a new Event named Creat Task
In the workflow for tasks replace the normal create event with the Create Task event
In the notification scheme put the normal roles AND the Create Task roles in the Create Task event
Add the users to the Create Task role in the project

Thank you. I will try this solution.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 23, 2017

If it works please make it as accepted

Elif Alverson June 26, 2017

Joe, 

Is it necessary to create a project role for 'create task'?

Can I just create a ' create task ' event and select in the notification scheme of this project? 

I am going to test your recommendation today and let you know for sure.

Thank you so much!

Elif

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 26, 2017

No, you can put any role in the create task event. I think it just makes it easier to logically tie the special subset of users, just wanting to see the creation, to a different role. In the long term I think it would be less confusing for those that follow. 

Elif Alverson June 26, 2017

Joe, 

I have done what you recommended above however the users in " Create Release Readiness " role have not received any notification emails when the " Release Readiness" isssue type tickets created. Please see the attached screen shots.

Thank you.

p.s: There were other users in Creative Release Readiness Project Roles. I have deleted their names for privacy purposes.

Elif

image.png

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

Suggest an answer