• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • Receiving Unable to extract text from MIME part with Content-Type 'multipart/alternative; boundary=047d7bf0c5a475d0050502c7a133 error in log

Receiving Unable to extract text from MIME part with Content-Type 'multipart/alternative; boundary=047d7bf0c5a475d0050502c7a133 error in log

I am using JIRA 4.4 and I am receiving following error messages in my error log when I receive any comment:

IMAP [com.atlassian.mail.MailUtils] Unable to extract text from MIME part with Content-Type 'multipart/alternative; boundary=047d7bf0c5a475d0050502c7a133

IMAP [jira.issue.managers.DefaultAttachmentManager] Cannot create attachment without a filename - inline content? See http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-10825(file=tempattach5619556823011790232dat)

I have created a IMAP service to create comment from the email received. I have created service with Regex Comment Handler. The email which I received is from GMAIL and the message includes only text without any attachment. This error message resulted in creating blank comment and losing the entire message. Is there any solution to this issue?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

I'm having this problem as well with the simple mail handler in the Atlassian example. Using JIRA 6.1 with SDK 5.0.4.

Any help?

I think there's something wrong with the example. I just sent a Gmail to myself and used that, and it worked fine.

Hello Ken, If you are able to send the email successfully then I suggest that you should ignore this error message. I checked it's source code also and it seems like it's due to backward compatibility with the mail library which Jira is using and there is still some workaround left from them to completely fix the issue and it's just a notification message left in log. But I have seen that all my emails are sent successfully.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

268 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you