Receiving Unable to extract text from MIME part with Content-Type 'multipart/alternative; boundary=047d7bf0c5a475d0050502c7a133 error in log

Zishan Javaid September 10, 2014

I am using JIRA 4.4 and I am receiving following error messages in my error log when I receive any comment:

IMAP [com.atlassian.mail.MailUtils] Unable to extract text from MIME part with Content-Type 'multipart/alternative; boundary=047d7bf0c5a475d0050502c7a133

IMAP [jira.issue.managers.DefaultAttachmentManager] Cannot create attachment without a filename - inline content? See http://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-10825(file=tempattach5619556823011790232dat)

I have created a IMAP service to create comment from the email received. I have created service with Regex Comment Handler. The email which I received is from GMAIL and the message includes only text without any attachment. This error message resulted in creating blank comment and losing the entire message. Is there any solution to this issue?

3 answers

0 votes
Zishan Javaid November 20, 2014

Hello Ken, If you are able to send the email successfully then I suggest that you should ignore this error message. I checked it's source code also and it seems like it's due to backward compatibility with the mail library which Jira is using and there is still some workaround left from them to completely fix the issue and it's just a notification message left in log. But I have seen that all my emails are sent successfully.

0 votes
KenS November 20, 2014

I think there's something wrong with the example. I just sent a Gmail to myself and used that, and it worked fine.

0 votes
KenS November 20, 2014

I'm having this problem as well with the simple mail handler in the Atlassian example. Using JIRA 6.1 with SDK 5.0.4.

Any help?

Suggest an answer