Rearrange Buttons in Issue View

xattab November 10, 2014

button.png

At the detailed issue view screen there is a button bar.
Now buttons are ordered this way: Edit, Link,More
Need to make it like: Assign, Link, Edit, More. The question is how to do it

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2014

The menus work on the same principle as the workflow transitions - each item has a "weight", and the weighting determines the order in which the items appear.

The weights for this menu are set in code though, so to change it, you'll need to hack the core code.  Last time I looked, you had to amend several properties files - most of the menu items are individual chunks of code with separate property files.

xattab November 11, 2014

In which files need to be amended and if you can give an example of code

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 11, 2014

I did this in version 3, I'm pretty sure they've moved. Mostly, they were property files, sometimes inside jars so you had to unpack, edit and repack them. I'm afraid I can't help you with which files you need to change, but I can tell you that there is no "code" - you find a couple of weights like edit = 10 and link = 30, and if you want edit to fall after link, you just need to change it to edit = 40

0 votes
Treethawat Thanawachiramate November 10, 2014

I think this link might answer your question.
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/145920

xattab November 10, 2014

Hi, I added a screenshot of how the buttons are now located

Suggest an answer