Read only on workflow transition

Tshepo November 12, 2012

Hi

Can please advice me on give certain user a read-only option to only view on workflow transition. This is what i did:

- created a group named Read only users and users into the group

- Gave them Browse Projects permission

- Setup a Browse Projects Permission Condition (Condition to allow only users with a certain permission to execute a transition)

But still this users can perform tasks on the workflow transition?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2012

Go into the workflow and look at the transition.

You will find it has no "conditions", or a simple one like "is in the jira users group".

Add some, like "assignee, or people in the role of developers". You'll find only the people matching the conditions will be able to see and use the transition.

Tshepo November 12, 2012

Damn..i was going the long road while u can only add that group to see that transition..tx

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2012

Yes, it gets quite confusing later as well - in "permissions", you see things like "can resolve issue". But you have to actually use that in your conditions in your workflow before it actually works!

Just to be really helpful, I even found a workflow where the condition "user must have permission to resolve" was being used to stop them from doing anything except create an issue!

Tshepo November 12, 2012

Ohh Yes..just saw that. Thanks a lot

Suggest an answer