Read only dashboard

Nuno Ferreira May 12, 2015

Hi all,

I've got a project that anyone can create issues and see only its own issues.

Based on that project I've created a dashboard that shows created date, due date, reporter and summary. I need that everybody sees this information about all issues, and only this information, disabling any access to the issue by itself.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Regards,

Nuno Ferreira

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2015

Nope.  In order for a dashboard to report on issues, you have to allow the users to see the issues it is going to report on.  So they must have read access to the issues, and there's no way to stop them looking at the issues then.

Nuno Ferreira May 13, 2015

Hi Nic,

Thanks for your answer. We need to look to a third party tool to achieve or goal.

Thanks,

Nuno

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2015

You'll need an external system actually. One that has access to JIRA to scrape and duplicate the information to non-JIRA users. You won't find anything that does "read only dashboards" inside JIRA, as you still have to grant people the right to see the issues.

Suggest an answer