Read Write access application links

Patrick van der Rijst
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2014

Hi there!

When setting up an application link between JIRA and Confluence it's quite easy to get the authenticate and allow - deny screen for read / write access. In JIRA link a Confluence page or in Confluence use the JIRA macro.

When doing the same for Bamboo / Stash or Bamboo / Confluence it's more difficult to get this page. Any ideas how to manually trigger this action? I can guess the URL but the token is invalid of course.

http://10.1.1.126:8080/jira/plugins/servlet/oauth/authorize?oauth_callback=http://10.1.1.126:8090/confluence/plugins/servlet/oauth/login-dance/access?applicationLinkID=c91fd1ef-bdd0-30eb-bb6c-26ac2cf2edc8&oauth_token=LzesPii5pmZqyJp3FIEbpZRNtZsgC79T

Screen Shot 2014-11-19 at 13.23.12.png

There is a page where you can see the current oauth tokens, you can only revoke them, not add new ones.

Screen Shot 2014-11-19 at 13.23.54.png

1 answer

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 19, 2014

Hi Patrick,

I do believe this is the expected behavior of the application links in Confluence and JIRA. Are you using the latest version of the application links in bamboo and Stash?

The URL above wouldn't work as the token will change from the different apps, but I'm unsure if it's possible to find this token before creating the app link. I'll leave this question open so other people may know how to achieve this.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Patrick van der Rijst
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2014

Yes this is expected behavior, I don't have any issues regarding setting up the application links. What I'm saying it's easy to get the Allow - Deny screen for a Confluence <> JIRA link but for other applications it's not always obvious how to go to that page. Stash <> Confluence Stash <> Bamboo (only in Bamboo when selecting a repository, from Stash to Bamboo, no idea) etc.

Suggest an answer