Read Only on Kanban Board

Bhavan Mahal August 8, 2016

Is there a way to show clients read only view of specific projects kanban boards?

We don't want to open up JIRA to all clients, just specific clients and to specific projects and they can just see the board but can't click into any of the issues.

1 answer

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2016

Hi @Bhavan Mahal

It is not possible to show a Kanban board to a client as to access the board they would need browse project permission which immediately gives them the ability to read the detail of the ticket. An alternative is to use the integration with Confluence and provide a version of the Kanban board on a Confluence page with the detail that you wish.

The second part of your question about opening JIRA to specific clients and to specific projects is covered by the permission scheme (and potentially by the Issue Level Security). My approach (there are others) would be to create an instance wide project role of "Client" and then adjust my permission scheme for each required project to have the correct permissions for client access. Then I would add the individuals to the project role for the specific project. This makes sure that only be being allocated to a client role in a particular project do they have access. One thing to check is are users put in any default groups that have access to projects. This may need amending so that a client is not automatically given access to inappropriate projects.

Others may have appropriate options as well and I look forward to reading the options.

I hope this helps.

Suggest an answer