Reactive workflow from backup

Thao Tran September 23, 2015

Hi,

I updated our workflow (that shared to 12 other projects) and backup old workflow (JIRA already marked as Inactive after that). The problem is I just want to change workflow of my project, not others. So how can I restore the old workflow for other projects?

Would you please suggest me some ways?

Thanks,

1 answer

2 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2015

Create a new workflow schema by cloning your current workflow schema. Within that workflow schema remove the old workflow and add the new one. Associate your project with the new workflow schema.

Thanks a lot for your help. But I just want to restore the workflow back to 12 other projects, not only my project. Do you have some advice for this case?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2015

Deniz has covered it, albeit with a slightly different route than I'd take (same effect in the end) You need a new workflow scheme for your project, one that uses your new workflow. You associate that with your project. That separates it from the other 12 projects, they will be using the old workflow scheme, so you go into that and re-associate your OLD inactive workflow in that, and those 12 projects will go back to using the old workflow.

I restored successful from your instruction. Thanks so much Deniz and Nic!!!!!! You saved my life! Thanks!!!!!!!

Suggest an answer