Re-using the issue keys of deleted issues within a project

Bhupesh Nagda October 22, 2013

Hi,

Once a issue is deleted, is their a way I could re-use those keys? For example as of now Project-1 to 10 are created and suppose if I delete all the 10 issues(due to some errors while importingissues from import wizard) then the new issues are numbered from Project-11. I want it to be from Project-1 again. Any Suggestions!!

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2013
1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2013

It would be far better to delete and recreate the project - no database hacking or downtime.

I seem to remember a feature request for this, but it was closed because you shouldn't really be resetting keys in any tracking system and deleting the project and re-adding it was the workaround.

0 votes
Bhupesh Nagda October 29, 2013

Awsome!!

DB Manipulation worked for me thanks!!

But isn't it a bad practice to resatrt JIRA and delete all isues for such requirement? I mean it's ok with test/staging environment but what about production, Is there any improvement being raised related to this?

Thanks Again

Suggest an answer