Re-use 8080 port for jira

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013

Hi

My Jira instance already has the old version of jira using the connector port 8080 and server port 8005. When I install the fresh upgraded version of jira on the same server it does not allow me to re-use the same ports. How can I re-use 8080 and 8005?

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013

Can you find out if any other process is listening?

lsof -i | grep $port

Whats in the logfile about 8080?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2013

thanks Faysal. I checked none used 8080 so i re-used it.

Rahul

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

Shut down the old one?

Is it an inplace upgrade or a separate second installation?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2013

I have already shut the old one. Is that sufficient for me to re-use 8080?

It is a manual installation (4.1).

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2013

Yea...re-using 8080 by shutting down old installation worked.

thanks Jamie..

Rahul

Suggest an answer