Re-order tests within a cycle

Patrick Clough July 20, 2015

The ability to reorder tests within a test cycle sure is nice in the server hosted version of Jira/Zephyr  - but alas not possible on the cloud hosted version.  Can this be added?

4 answers

2 votes
Patrick Clough March 2, 2016

Any update here?   Would be very nice to be able to re-order tests within a cycle.  Or at very least, when adding tests to a cycle from a search filter, to have the cycle respect the order/sort in the filter and arrange the tests accordingly.

2 votes
Azenith Benig November 16, 2015

In Zephyr Cloud, this feature is not included but in JIRA Server Version 2.5.0.25001732  Released 2014-07-22 mentions "Tests in a Test Cycle can now be re-ordered for execution via simple drag-n-drop" sad

1 vote
Sjef van Wezel June 24, 2018

3 years have gone by and it is still not possible just to set the order of the test in a Cycle in the Cloud version. How hard can that be.

A minimum option to sort on order of entrance the issues in the cycle would be a start. But like the server version just be able to sort the items like the test steps is what is required.  

0 votes
Arun Ravindran July 21, 2015

Hi Patrick

Thanks for your interest in our product "Zephyr for JIRA Cloud".

We value your suggestion and will definitely forward it to our product team for their consideration.

We will let update you soon with the Feature Request ID , once we get confirmation that it can be raised as a feature request in our internal system.

Thanks

ZephyrSupport

Sjef van Wezel May 22, 2018

This functionality is something that would make life in defining the order of test in a cycle much easier. I noticed that last comment here is in 2015 so what is soon?

Hope this can be put back on the agenda.

Helen Clarkson June 24, 2018

I agree, I just put in 24 tests in the order I wanted but there seems to be no reason to the order they have been displayed in the Test cycle.  Very frustrating.

Suggest an answer