Re-order of dates

Tom Pfueller September 20, 2016

Hi,

i am using custom fields with date pickers. But on the screen the dates do not appear in the desired order.

Order of dates.jpg

The desired order is Occurred (custom field), Received (custom field), Created and Updated, because something occurred, is then reported to us and after that we create an ticket in JIRA.

Is there a way to define the order in JIRA?

Kind regards.

Tom

2 answers

1 vote
Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2016

Hi tom,

You should configure the order of the fields on the screen you are using. For more info check the documentation and the Configuring a screen's tab and fields section specifically.

Regards,

Peter

0 votes
Tom Pfueller September 21, 2016

Hi Peter,

i consulted the page, but I found this statement about dates:

Date fieldson View Issue screen — Fields of type 'Date' will always be displayed in the 'Dates' area of the default 'View Issue' screen, regardless of how you reorder them. This applies even if the dates are custom fields.

I think re-order of dates is not possible sad

Peter Geshev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2016

Hi Tom,

I have missed the fact that you want the custom fields above the standard date fields, which I think is not possible without writing some code. You can only change the order in which the custom fields are listed. 

Regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer