Re-index stops in NullPointerException

Erik Silander October 29, 2012

Jira 5.1.4

See attached file for complete trace.

Re-Index stops in NullPointerException after a Evaluation version of Zephyr for Jira 1.5.2.874 was installed and used for a few days. Disabling Zephyr let's the indexing go through but even reinstalling Z causes odd behaviour in Jira (filters show no issues for example) even when the "test" issue type is removed.

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.thed.zephyr.je.config.customfield.TeststepCFType.getValueFromIssue(TeststepCFType.java:89)

Now I know this is probably a plugin problem (and will ask the provider), suspicion of a custom field that is mandatory in Jira is not in Zephyr but is there any way to narrow it down a little?

(zephyr_error.txt)

3 answers

1 vote
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2012

Hi Erisil,

We're looking into the information you provided and will get back to you with an answer or a request for additional information.

Kind Regards,

Chris at Zephyr (the provider)

John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2013

I saw this same error, any progress on a solution?

Daniel
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2013

Hi John,

What version of JIRA and Zephyr for JIRA are you using?

Regards,

Daniel

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 9, 2013

Sam,

Please send your Atlassian-JIRA logs to our support team at support "at" getzephyr "dot" com.

We'd like to see what the issue is and work to resolve it.

Kind Regards,

Chris

Sam Ashley July 29, 2013

Resolved the issue by upgrading jira to 5.2.11. Anyway, thanks for your reply :)

0 votes
Sam Ashley July 8, 2013

Just faced the same problem. Installed Zephyr (latest for now, 1.5.2.874) with a trial period on JIRA 5.0.6 and after the middle of the following night (right after 00:00) indices started to behave strange. For example, a search for "project = X and status = Open" shows some issues in 'open' status, but when you go into the issue, you see that status is different. So I've thought, that there is a problem with indexes and I've issued re-indexing from administrator panel. Reindexing had not progressed from 0% for 4 minutes and 41 seconds and after that it gave me NullPointerException with the same message and backtrace. Well, at least it did not stuck forever :)

Disabling Zephyr allowed me to re-index JIRA issues. But reindexing much slower than before I've installed Zephyr (eight minutes instead of two), I don't know if this is related to this problem. I'm looking forward for a solution of this issue :) Thanks in advance.

Suggest an answer