Re: how can we configure a checkbox that can be used to disable the notification for a ticket update ?

asif khan March 17, 2014

hi,

is it possible to configure a check box which can be used to disable the notificaton for that particular update? for example, if i want to disable notification for assignee update, it should not send notification for that update.

thank you,

Asif

6 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2014

You'll need to code for this one. You need to remove the standard email functionality and implement your own, one that understands the "check box X means don't send email"

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014

You might remove notification for assignee in the notification scheme and then configure Send custom email function which will execute based on the checkbox value and send the required email.

Not a perfect solution, but still an option.

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-Sendacustomemail

0 votes
asif khan March 17, 2014

yes..thats correct

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2014

Do you mean something like - Send notifications for any issue update except when the assignee is changed ?

0 votes
asif khan March 17, 2014

hi Boris,

i want the checkbox to be used as switch.let it be any update on the issue, if i dont want to send notification, i will just check the check box and notfications will not be sent.this is the requirement.

thanks

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2014

So you want to be able to control notifications "per single issue" right ?

0 votes
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2014

You can remove notifications for "Issue Assigned:" event from the project's notification scheme.

Suggest an answer