Re-designing customer portal in JSD

Arpan Mehetre December 26, 2016

Hi Team,

I wanted to re-design the customer portal of JSD. So far I know how to add new Request Types, Brand image, Customized welcome message on the customer portal. But I am looking at different design like for example., currently the request types appears vertically on the portal I wanted them to be horizontal as am not using groups for them. I want to have three page view while raising a request where -

1) First page will show the request types, welcome message, brand image and a search bar

2) On selection of request type -> Second page will show different options like tools - Jira, HipChat etc in different boxes

3)On selection of a particular tool -> Third page will show a  form related to that tool 

Also I wanted to add nested fields on the form on third page.

Please guide me to a documentation or example where I can achieve the above.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2016

There is no documentation on doing that - it's code change.  You'll need to unpack the code for JSD, rewrite the portal screens and recompile it.

Arpan Mehetre December 27, 2016

How would I do that? What tools I would be needing?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2016

Well, for the basics, a simple zip utility to unpack it.  For the rest, it's up to you what tools are best, but you'll be hacking around with html, css, javascript etc, and there's a good chance you'll need Scala and hence compilers for it.  You are looking at significant surgery here, and stuff that will leave you unsupportable and hard to upgrade. 

Thanks Nic for the details. For now I will try to start with introducing transitions on the form itself(like nested drop downs). For that also do I need to unpack the zip files? Or any other way around? Also where I can find these project zip files?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2016

I don't know what you mean by "transitions" here.

I want some fields(text-boxes, drop-downs etc..) to be shown on selecting a particular item from first drop-down in my form. Like a nested drop down where on selecting a particular item from first drop-down the values in second drop-down will change.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2016

Service Desk portals don't support that, and nor do the usual things I recommend for plain JIRA.  I'm afraid you're looking at a significant re-engineering of the portal pages, although you can use "cascading select" fields to do the "select from list one determines list available in the second half of the field"

Suggest an answer