Re assign issues from Service Desk Customer Portal

Kieran Clarke August 6, 2014

Hi there,

Is it possible to re assign issues from the Customer Portal screen on Service Desk? I can't work out how to do this.

Scenario

1. A customer raises a Service Desk request through Customer Portal which is not quite complete

2. Our support team assigns the issue back to the customer and ask for more information.

3. Through the Customer Portal interface, the customer adds a comment, and re assigns the issue back to our support team.

Expected result

The customer can assign an issue back to our support team.

Current actual result

There is no option to assign back the ticket to our support team.

If anyone could help with this it would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
IT Solutions Team August 6, 2014

When you say assign do you mean actual assignment or a changing of the workflow state?

In our JIRA Service Desk, if a customer comments on it while in the "Waiting for Customer" status it automatically kicks it back into the "Waiting for Support" status. We are using a modified version of the workflow that was automatically created and I haven't looked under the hood enough to know if that's a common thing or a special property for that state/transition.

We aren't changing the ticket's assignee when it goes into that state.

Kieran Clarke August 7, 2014

Hey Scott,

Thanks for your reply.

That sounds like a perfect solution. That is a default work flow?

Cheers :)

IT Solutions Team August 12, 2014

Kieran-

Yes, that is in the default service desk workflow.

Kieran Clarke August 13, 2014

Would there be any way through the Customer Portal to close a ticket?

For example, the support team resolve a ticket, but wait for the customer to close it.

Thanks

Evert Kroll September 27, 2014

Hi, I created my own version of a SD workflow, including a "Waiting for customer" state and reused the "Waiting for Support" status. But when the customer enters comment as requested, the state is not changed back to the state it was coming from" Waiting for Support". How can I solve that issue?

Suggest an answer