Re-arranging request types on customer portal

Arpan Mehetre January 22, 2017

Hi,  There are around 7-8 request types in our JSD(server) project. We do not want to group the request types and so these all are appearing vertically(one after another) on the customer portal and so the page needs to be scrolled down to see all. Is there a way to make them appear horizontally? Two in one row?

Capture.PNG

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2017
Arpan Mehetre January 23, 2017

Thanks. I could use some CSS to get the required designs. So far, it looks like, I need to add a plugin in the JSD to achieve this. Any documentation about how to add a plugin? Will this be needing any editor? Will it include re-packaging of the project? And would any of the customization will leave us out of support?

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2018

Arpan, were you able to figure this out? We would like to achieve this as well and have no idea how to do this via custom plugin. Thanks!

Bekezela Mhlanga March 20, 2018

Is this easily doable yet without CSS?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 20, 2018

No.

Tiffany Owen
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 20, 2018

I was able to achieve this with a simple custom CSS plugin. Our request types are now displayed in two columns instead of one.

Dhavval Aarya July 15, 2019

Hello @Tiffany Owen ,

I have JSD 4 and Jira 8, is it possible for you to share your css plugin, I am seeking to implement the same solution but so far no luck for me

Best,

Dhavval

0 votes
Vladimir Yakimov _Botron_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2017

Hi, 

At least for now this is not possible. You have the possibility to combine request types into groups though.

So few request types per group and it would be possible to fit all on screen per group. If you think this would work for you you can read this article for further instructions:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/configuring-request-types-and-workflows-732528910.html

•  Organize request types into groups

Arpan Mehetre January 22, 2017

Thanks for your comment. But, we do not want to use groups.

Suggest an answer