Re: Re: How do I find the name/IP address and the port of...

Arun Kumar June 23, 2017

Hi Daniel,

Posting here because, on similar lines, I am having to enter 'Jira Serve'r+ user name +pwd details on the " Zephr for Jira - Test Management Configuration" in Jenkins. And entering the URL of the Jira server (datacenter) that I have is not helping. Could you please let me know how I could find appropriate details to enter here?

Thank you.

Arun

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 23, 2017

The Jenkins system needs the public url of your JIRA system.  We can't tell you what that is, but you should know, as it's your system. 

Assuming you do have that information, and are providing it, then "it does not work" tells us nothing about what is going wrong.

Are there fields on the configuration other than the url that you do not know or are uncertain about?  If so, what are they?

If you think the fields you've entered are correct, then what does "it does not work" mean?  What's the error?   What do the logs say is wrong?

(Also, can you clarify what type of JIRA it is?  You said "Data Centre", but I suspect you might mean "Cloud".  Server is the other option)

Sampada Dalai June 6, 2019

facing the same issue . What could be the JIRA server and where can i find this in jira ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 9, 2019

We have no way of knowing where you might be running Jira, please look at the url you use it on, as that will tell you.

The version might be useful as well - if your main menu is down the left of the screen, it is Cloud and we don't need to know more than that.  If the menu is across the top, then you have Server, and "help -> about" will tell you the version.

Suggest an answer