Re: Re: Can I create tickets from Slack using Jira Server...

Pamm May 17, 2021

do you know if only agents can create tickets from slack?

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 17, 2021

Hi @Pamm , welcome to the Community!

I've moved your question from the original place it was posted as I assume you are asking about Jira Cloud (vs the original question being about Server, which uses a different integration)

By using the "Create issue from" option in Slack or by using /jira create, any user from Slack who is authenticated with your Jira Cloud site will be able to create an issue. The integration will check to see what Jira projects that user is allowed to create issues in. They should be able to create issues in Jira Service Management projects, even if they have only a Jira Software license - assuming the project permissions allow them to create an issue. This would be the same as creating an issue through the standard Jira Software interface, not via the Jira Service Management customer portal. Details on how this works are available here.

If you need something a little more advanced, or if you need Slack users who don't have a Jira license to be able to create issues, I recommend checking out Halp, our conversation-based ticketing solution that easily integrates Slack conversations with Jira.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer