Rapid board - releasing version from done issues column

Andrzej Pasterczyk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2012

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with configuration of rapid board. What I want to do is filter out Done column so it only shows issues that are Closed but not released yet, and show any not Closed issue in other columns.

This is preety easy as I can put a filter more or less like

status in (Open, "In Progress",Reopened) OR (status in (Closed,Resolved) AND (fixVersion not in releasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY))

So now I have a flow that I create new issues, work on them, transition to Closed and they land in Done column. Every now and then I release from Done column and issues disappear.

But then someone reopens issue as it is not really solved (i.e. still occurs). Issue will land in Open but it will never go to Done column as once it's closed it'll be filtered out. I want to avoid any manual work like removing fix version or adding some dummy label.

Any tips on how to solve this? :)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andrzej Pasterczyk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2012

Since I have not found any solution that would match my needs I've created small plugin with issue event listener, version event listener and custom text field.

What it does is that once version is released all issues that are fixed in that version get "GH.Released" field set to "RELEASED". If issue is reopened "GH.Released" is set to "REOPENED". So now I can filter out released issues, the reopened issues pop back to rapid board and I get to keep all the fix versions info since it's not cleared out.

Sample JQL filter query

project = YOUR_PROJECT AND ("GH.Released" !~ "RELEASED" OR "GH.Released" is EMPTY) ORDER BY Rank ASC

Plugin is free of charge available at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.pigsty.jira.plugin.pigstyTools in case anyone else is interested in such solution.

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2012

In the workflow for 'Reopen' how about clearing the fixVersion field as a post function?

Andrzej Pasterczyk
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 24, 2012

Thought about that but then I loose info that fix was released with previous version (even though did not fix issue code changes were made). I'd prefer to keep that having multiple fix versions.

Suggest an answer