Rank subtasks in Kanban, or another option

joel duffield July 5, 2017

We were going to try and use the following function because we have alot of fairly small projects. Epic=project, task=stage/phase, subtask=actual work.

The problem is it does not seem there is a way to rank the subtasks in Kanban themselves, they want to live inside the task rank.

So I want my managet to just look at tasks and epics, and my technicians to only look at subtasks and just do them in the order the manager puts them in. But subtasks doesn't seem to work this way. 

Is there a way to do this, or another way I could accomplish this?

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 11, 2017

Hi Joel,

It appears your're running into the Suggestion captured in JSWSERVER-10481.  Please review the Suggestion and verify whether that pertains to you. 

If so the developers have marked that particular issue as will not fix, however, you can create a new Suggestion as that one is a couple years old and I can tell there is interest out there regarding this feature.  If you choose to create a new Suggestion on JAC please paste it here so others can vote on it as well.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer