Rank(obsolete)

KRC December 6, 2017

Am migrating projects from one instance to other. Source instance has these two fields

Rank-Locked

Rank(obsolete) -locked, but target instance only has Rank and it throws an error in field configurations. How to get the rank(obsolete) in target instance? Am I overseeing something or missing logic?

This is the error  Missing a FieldLayoutItem for FieldLayout Telesales Analytics Requests (TAR) Field Configuration and field com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-global-rank:Rank (Obsolete)

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2017

Hi KRC,

What version of JIRA are you using?

There is a bug that describes the behavior you're seeing in JIRA that you can find at JSWSERVER-11228.  Here is the description in that ticket:

After the update of JIRA Agile from 6.3.9.1 to 6.6.0, the "Rank" field was re-worked into a new Lexo rank field and the original field was re-named to "Rank (Obsolete)" as explained in the upgrade notes at : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/JIRA+Agile+6.4+Upgrade+Notes.

Although it is safe to remove this field later, but the customer needs to go through the process of removing the field through the database. The upgrade process should automatically take care of deleting the field.

Please vote on this issue and add any relevant comments for the developers.  In the meantime there is a knowledge base article that may be of assistance titled JIRA Agile throws "JIRA Agile cannot execute the rank operation. This board has recently been configured to use the rank field..." when execute rank operation after JIRA Agile upgrade

Please review the linked article for ways to deal with this issue.

Cheers,

Branden

KRC December 8, 2017

Hi Branden

My Source data is in Jira 7.2.7 and my test instance(target) is also in 7.2.7

From the KB article it says this "For some reasons, the new rank is named Rank (Obsolete) and the old rank was named Rank (Obsolete) (Obsolete)."  but in my case and at the source I see the rank and rank obsolete fields as locked and in target i only see rank obsolete.

I guess my case is little different.

Suggest an answer