Rank is showing as gibberish rather than numbers (0|hzzzn1:,0|i001d3:,0|i001cv:,etc)

Deleted user January 20, 2015

When I try to sort by Rank, it shows up as gibberish.

Examples:

Rank
0|hzzzn1:
0|i001d3:
0|i001cv:
0|i001cn:
0|i001c7:
0|i001bz:
0|i001br:

What is going on?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2015

JIRA Agile Rank field is internally used to order issues but it is saved like that so it won't provide any additional information by having the field on a JQL query search results column or screen.

It is normal behaviour.

Cheers!

Deleted user January 20, 2015

thanks so much.

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2015

no worries at all Steven!

0 votes
Stephanie Groot April 28, 2020

Is there any way to transfer Lexorank to a number? Why include this value as a column when it is known not to be useful?

0 votes
Janet Lunde April 8, 2015

Seriously – this is a big problem. Is this an intended new "feature" or is it going to be fixed soon. My team is in the process of evaluating JIRA compared to Rally, and this is just awful.

0 votes
Jeremy Fong January 29, 2015

So in previous versions, I was able to rank the story or bug easily from the ticket. Now I cannot with this new lexorank feature.  I have to drag and drop a ticket that shows up at the bottom of the backlog to the middle. That takes a ton of time. I need this field to show me an integer so I can rank easily by inputing 10 or 15 or 20. Dragging is not convenient and wastes a lot of time at my company when we're doing triage.

Has anyone solved this problem and converted this gibberish to an actual rank?

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2015

That format is named Lexorank and the details are bin the JIRA Agile source code. They are a bit like how words are ordered in a dictionary book

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events