Rank is showing as gibberish rather than numbers (0|hzzzn1:,0|i001d3:,0|i001cv:,etc)

When I try to sort by Rank, it shows up as gibberish.

Examples:

Rank
0|hzzzn1:
0|i001d3:
0|i001cv:
0|i001cn:
0|i001c7:
0|i001bz:
0|i001br:

What is going on?

4 answers

1 accepted

JIRA Agile Rank field is internally used to order issues but it is saved like that so it won't provide any additional information by having the field on a JQL query search results column or screen.

It is normal behaviour.

Cheers!

0 votes

That format is named Lexorank and the details are bin the JIRA Agile source code. They are a bit like how words are ordered in a dictionary book

So in previous versions, I was able to rank the story or bug easily from the ticket. Now I cannot with this new lexorank feature.  I have to drag and drop a ticket that shows up at the bottom of the backlog to the middle. That takes a ton of time. I need this field to show me an integer so I can rank easily by inputing 10 or 15 or 20. Dragging is not convenient and wastes a lot of time at my company when we're doing triage.

Has anyone solved this problem and converted this gibberish to an actual rank?

Seriously – this is a big problem. Is this an intended new "feature" or is it going to be fixed soon. My team is in the process of evaluating JIRA compared to Rally, and this is just awful.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,174 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot