Rank Issues without Schedule Permission

Casey Daniell October 10, 2017

Currently, if a user has the Schedule an Issue permission, https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver075/scheduling-an-issue-935563112.html, they have the rights to both set a due date, and, despite the documentation not saying so, rank an issue on a JRIA Softward board.  I need to allow our product team to set priority of an issue, without being able to say when it's due (they abuse the right to set due dates and often set arbirary dates). 

Is there any way to allow users to rank issues on a JIRA Software board without granting them the ability to set a due date? Or I need to be able to hide the edit Due Date field from certain users. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 10, 2017

Hi Casey,

Take a look at Unable to rank issues due to permission issue and Configuring Permissions for Ranking and Scheduling in JIRA Agile.  The following are required to rank issues:

1. Assign Issues permission.
  2. Schedule Issues permission (due to the migration from old Rank to Global Rank, more information in our Difference between Global Rank and Rank KB).

In this situation I would hide the field as you suggested but I would also recommend creating a Suggestion on JAC to have this feature added to JIRA.

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes
Casey Daniell October 10, 2017

Thanks I filed a suggestion on JAC as you mentioned. 

Suggest an answer