Random user assigned to ticket

Joseph Jong October 16, 2019

There are 3 JIRA tickets in our sprint backlog that have been assigned to a name "Ehemaliger Benutzer" who has never been part of our account.

Have also checked history and nothing is obvious on how the user name got assigned.

Flagging as potential security concern. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2019

Have you deactivated the user account? Have you queried for all issues assigned to, watcher, reporter = EB to better understand the history?

Joseph Jong October 16, 2019

Thanks.

I'm admin for the account and most projects and this user is a ghost. Has never been added as a genuine user in the first place.

Just wondering if anyone else has observed this. Could this be an internal Atlassian Employee? 

I can simply reassign and would assume the user would simply disappear, but thought I'd raise for discussion.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2019

I have never experienced. I would inspect the user closely. What is the email associated? Is it associated with your company’s domain or something else?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2019

There is no way to have an assignee that is not a valid Jira account.  One of your admins created EB, or allowed self-sign-up so they created it themselves.  You'll need to talk to all your administrators.

Atlassian don't add named accounts when doing support work, they use the built-in admin account.

Joseph Jong October 20, 2019

Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  and @Jack Brickey  for responding. Seems like something/someone has done this and the history/audit trail has been buried. Will close out the issue accordingly.

Suggest an answer