Ralph CMDB solution for JIRA integration

Bob October 22, 2013

There have been a few discussions around the implementation of ITIL processes using JIRA, and I see there have been questions raised over the need for a CMDB solution.

I'm currently working on a project supporting ITIL processes in JIRA, where I personally find the solution supports our needs pretty well apart from the need for a CMDB system.

Some quick searching reveals there appear to be some comercial CMDB solutions including JIRA adapters out there, and one that caught my eye is Ralph.

Ralph’s CMDB module is an ITIL-related functionality. It enables you to manage infrastructure, and other components relations. It also lets you connect CIs with events, tasks and tickets that are assigned to them. With this module you can:

1. focus not only on infrastructure but also on business processes,
  2. use layers and relations to bundle related components,
  3. integrate with external systems: monitoring, deployment, version management repository, ticketing tool, and others, keeping references between CIs and events.

Does anyone have experience using Ralph, and/or integrating Ralph into JIRA?

5 answers

0 votes
Łukasz_Krupa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2015

We have realized such integration for Ralph's vendor. If you need more info please contact us http://www.intenso.pl/atlassian/en/contact

0 votes
Barret_Wallace February 13, 2015

That would indeed be interesting to know!

0 votes
Blake Parker June 3, 2014

Has there been any further progress made on the Jira integration?

0 votes
Bob November 28, 2013

Allright, thanks for taking the time to share!

We put CMDB on the back burner. It's a shame but since the Service Desk module is too weak and doesn't support external users in it's current form, the whole concept of JIRA as a common platform is currently not viable.

0 votes
Przemek Wysota November 5, 2013

Hi,

We use it :-)
Actually I'm the "brain" behind CMDB - Ralph team developed it, and Ralph is actually Open Source, not commercial solution.

1. Idea - we were searching the best way to have up to date CMDB - due to Ralph originally was designed as asset management - we needed some changes to data structure etc. So we built add-in to Ralph - using graph data model, separate objects etc. we assured almost 100% of server HW, 90% of Networks, 60% of Net HW feeded in CMDB automatically (we use it so far only for DC services) plus some automatic relations.
2. Integration with JIRA - so far we use Kepler DB plug - but this is not too good solution. Considering search structure, security, number of data its' loads are really high. Therefore we are in late stages of development of dedicated plug with one of our vendors.

In case anyone has got questions - please give me a shout at: przemyslaw.wysota(at)allegro.pl

Suggest an answer