There have been a few discussions around the implementation of ITIL processes using JIRA, and I see there have been questions raised over the need for a CMDB solution.
I'm currently working on a project supporting ITIL processes in JIRA, where I personally find the solution supports our needs pretty well apart from the need for a CMDB system.
Some quick searching reveals there appear to be some comercial CMDB solutions including JIRA adapters out there, and one that caught my eye is Ralph.
Ralph’s CMDB module is an ITIL-related functionality. It enables you to manage infrastructure, and other components relations. It also lets you connect CIs with events, tasks and tickets that are assigned to them. With this module you can:
- focus not only on infrastructure but also on business processes,
- use layers and relations to bundle related components,
- integrate with external systems: monitoring, deployment, version management repository, ticketing tool, and others, keeping references between CIs and events.
Does anyone have experience using Ralph, and/or integrating Ralph into JIRA?
We use it :-)
Actually I'm the "brain" behind CMDB - Ralph team developed it, and Ralph is actually Open Source, not commercial solution.
1. Idea - we were searching the best way to have up to date CMDB - due to Ralph originally was designed as asset management - we needed some changes to data structure etc. So we built add-in to Ralph - using graph data model, separate objects etc. we assured almost 100% of server HW, 90% of Networks, 60% of Net HW feeded in CMDB automatically (we use it so far only for DC services) plus some automatic relations.
2. Integration with JIRA - so far we use Kepler DB plug - but this is not too good solution. Considering search structure, security, number of data its' loads are really high. Therefore we are in late stages of development of dedicated plug with one of our vendors.
In case anyone has got questions - please give me a shout at: przemyslaw.wysota(at)allegro.pl
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG