Raise request form for sub asset

S January 12, 2021

Hi,

I'm planning to create a screen, say "Raise SO" to capture all the details required for a sub asset type

for e.g. A new user joins the company. So a new request line willl be created for this user and all the assets required for this user will have sub task lines. i.e. For a phone, Laptop etc...

Each subtask will have its own type properties / attributes to capture for e.g. Phone will have brand, OS version, LeadTime etc... while Laptop will have its own properties like Brand, Memory etc.

How are situation like this handled in Jira - do we create Task and subtask? What are the other approaches, if any? Since this screen will be part of the WF at a certain stage, do I need to create a seperate queue to see the details of this subtask? 

Appreciate the help and feedback.

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2021

Hi @S

There's no "the" right way to do this.

• You can use Task and Sub-task hierarchy. 
    OR
  • You can use issue linking. Basically, you can still use the Task issue type, but for the assets, you can use the Asset issue type. This issue type, you can configure its own screens, workflows, and etc.

I hope that this helps.

Thanks,
Moga

S January 19, 2021

Thanks @mogavenasan 

I have defined my custom request and issue types so can I harness Task and Sub-task hierarchy? I liked the way its laid out. 

Like mogavenasan likes this
mogavenasan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2021

Glad to know that!

Please mark this thread as solved if you do not need any further assistance. :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events