Radio Buttons alignement of a new custom field + the None option which should be optional too.

dimple sharma December 16, 2012

It would be nice to change the alignment of radio buttons custom field. Actually, it gives vertical alignment, but if possible, an horizontal alignment would be nice.
Moreover, the field options should not include the NONE option which actually comes default.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2012

Another option is to leave "NONE" there but make the field mandatory. This will force the user to select something. And if you must remove NON, try this:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+to+Remove+%27NONE%27+from+a+Select+List+Custom+Field

dimple sharma December 17, 2012

Thank you sir, but still i have problem regarding alignment of radiobuttons.

you advised me to use checkboxes instead of Radiobuttons, but i want to perform single selection functionality.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2012

I didn't advise that ;) Anyways, you can modify the same template to produce the look and feel that you want.

1 vote
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2012

Hi,

None option will not come, when you provide a default value for the customfield during configuration, try to set a default value.

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2012

Yes the none option will come by default ... since its radio button .

You can use a checkbox customfield instead .

Suggest an answer