REST API: myPermissions returns "false" for all permissions

Chase Tingley October 6, 2014

I administer a JIRA OnDemand instance, and I'm having difficulties integrating some automation via the REST API.  The integration checks the permission of its user account as a sanity check, and it's failing because the API is returning that the account has no permissions.

It turns out this is true regardless of what account I use, even it I access the API as my own account, which is in the administrators' group.  To test, I'm accessing the permission data via

curl -U[user]:[password] https://[instance].atlassian.net/rest/api/2/mypermissions

and the output looks like this (it's much longer, but "false" is the value for every "havePermission" field):

{
	"permissions": {
		"ADD_COMMENTS": {
			"description": "Ability to comment on issues.",
			"havePermission": false,
			"id": "15",
			"key": "ADD_COMMENTS",
			"name": "Add Comments",
			"type": "PROJECT"
		},
		"ADMINISTER": {
			"description": "Ability to perform most administration functions (excluding Import & Export, SMTP Configuration, etc.).",
			"havePermission": false,
			"id": "0",
			"key": "ADMINISTER",
			"name": "JIRA Administrators",
			"type": "GLOBAL"
		},
	// ... etc ...
}

Things I've already tried:

• Ensuring that "Allow Remote API calls" is enabled in system settings
  • Experimenting with projectKey/issueKey/etc parameters, none of which seem to have any effect

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2015

For those interested, "havePermission":false was reported as a bug:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-40372

Chase Tingley January 19, 2015

Yeah, that bug was filed based on a support ticket I opened after nothing turned up here (smile) But you're right, I never closed this out. If anybody else hits the same issue, please vote for it.

Suggest an answer