RE: Changing Colour of Cards

Henry Bada December 30, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Customising Cards

I have tried this many times!  It seems that the card itself won't have a background colour change BUT a thin vertical strip next to the card will have a colour change.  How can we change the entire colour of the card itself?

I wish I could attach a screen shot to show you!  A friend of mine from a different company used "hacking kanban board with a bookmarlet" to achieve this.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2015

I understand it without a screenshot - your description is spot on (Can't change colour of the whole card, just an indicator strip to the side)

The short answer is that you can't.  Atlassian have not implemented anything to allow it.  You could try to inject some css that would use the colour of the strip for the whole card, but it gets complicated very quickly because you also need to deal with text contrast for it to be usable.  It's also a pain to get it consistently right, because the only place you can be totally consistent is in the core code in the Agile/Software stuff, and it's no fun chaning or maintaining that.

Suggest an answer