Quick search popup no longer works?

Ben December 22, 2012

The quick search at the top right of the header in JIRA used to show results as we typed in a popup box.

This is no longer working. Was this removed? If so why? It seems if it does not display results as we type it really is no longer a "Quick" search.

If it was not removed on purpose, any idea why it is not working?

1 answer

0 votes
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2012

The Quick Search feature should be working in the latest JIRA On-Demand. Since you are in On-Demand system, you wouldn't be able to fix it your self. I'd suggest to raise an issue through https://support.atlassian.com so the support can help you investigate it.

Update:

Sorry for the confusion here, we have verified that the preview pane is no longer available in the latest On-Demand version. Please see Tyler's comment below for details.

Ben December 22, 2012

Thanks. I did raise a ticket but they are telling me they removed the popup which doesn't seem right according to your answer. I'll point them to this answer.

Ben December 22, 2012

I keep getting told by the staff assigned to my ticket that the quick search no longer has a popup box shown as we type. This conflicts with what you have told me. How can we get a straight answer?

TylerA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2012

Quick Search itself should work. The problem is related to the Preview Pane that "pops up" when typing in the field. With the new application header in OnDemand, I do not believe this works any more. I, personally, have not seen it work since the new header was introduced.

Ben December 22, 2012

Ok but that doesn't solve the problem. Why doesn't the pop up work? Why was it removed? Where was this documented in your change logs? Also why does it tell you to type '/' in the quick search box? This isn't documented here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Using+Quick+Search

vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 23, 2012

Hi there,

I'm sorry for creating such a confusion in this post. I've discussed this issue with the team and we verified that Tyler is the one who is right in this case. The preview pane is only working in legacy version (before the header change) as outlined by Tyler earlier.

At the moment, I'm working to documenting the changes in Quick Search including the reason behind it. In the mean time, please assume this feature is no longer exist in the latest On-Demand version.

Hope this clarify.

Tibor Barna October 29, 2015

This functionality seems to have re-appeared and disappeared again in Q3 of 2015. Feature request raised to implement it for good. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-46003 Please vote for the issue.

Suggest an answer