Quick filters

Audra Bonacki August 14, 2017

Hi, I have been asked to add a new quick filter to be able to filter on any assignee on a given project. I typed assignee = "assignee" but it didn't work. HELP!! I don't really know JQL. Thanks!!

5 answers

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

You could use the Issue Search instead of the board and have your Project Lead select the assignees there. It might be more effective than trying to use quick filters.

You could also use swimlanes on your board to show the issues by assignee as an alternative. But that would only make sense if you aren't using swimlanes for a different purpose.

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 14, 2017

Hi Audra,

You may be able to do something like this to get the issues that are not unassigned from a particular project and then order them by assignee in ascending or descending order:

project = "WTBRGR" and assignee != null order by assignee asc

Cheers,

Branden

0 votes

Hi Walter, thank you for that suggestion. It may be most prudent because we have 7 users working the project.

0 votes

Hi, yes we have quite a few users, there's no way to consolidate them? The Project lead wants to be able to sort by assignee, not just himself.

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

You should use the assignee's name. e.g. assignee = "Audra Bonacki" (use the naming of the users in your JIRA).

I hope you don't have too many users in your project or you will need a lot of filters.

Note that the default quick filter Only my issues is already a generic one that shows each logged in user his/her own issues: assignee = currentUser()

Suggest an answer