Quick filter that filters agile kanban board to only show issues related to a particular issue?

Lorenzo Masserini July 28, 2015

Would it be possible to create a quick filter that would return only the issues "linked" to a particular issue?

On top of that it should be possible to easily change what issue to filter for. 

Example: Issue 1, 2, 4, 11, are linked to issue 21 --> Insert issue 21 to the quick filter and filter out all other issues not linked to it. Then after I'm done with that issue, easily swap the 21 with another issue # depending on what I need to check on the agile kanban?

1 answer

1 vote
HarryH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2015

Yes, you can create quick fix for the board, please refer to the linked issue filter:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA042/Advanced+Searching?clicked=jirahelp#AdvancedSearching-linkedIssues

Lorenzo Masserini July 28, 2015

Thanks for the quick answer, I did find interesting fixes for other filters I needed but quite what I needed for the above mentioned question. I was looking for something that would not only activate/deactivate a filter but that would generate a sort of dropbox list with all the different issues I have outstanding and from that list choose the issue to filter the board. I'm starting to think, that such filter is not possible on Jira, but it always worth giving it a try :) thanks

Suggest an answer