Quick Filters and Swimlane

BK September 27, 2017

I created  two quick filter's for my project

Is it possible to apply different swimlanes for those quick filters under "Active Sprint" view?

Like QuickFilter1 will have swimlanes by "Stories" and QuickFilter2 will have swimlanes by "Assignee".

2 answers

0 votes
Haresh Karkar December 1, 2019

Did you get an answer to this? 

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2019

An answer for what? BK's question has been answered, it's not possible

Haresh Karkar December 2, 2019

Lol. The original question is 

Like QuickFilter1 will have swimlanes by "Stories" and QuickFilter2 will have swimlanes by "Assignee".

So are you saying this can't be done? What is the solution if we want two layouts to see the same information? [I am not in favor of creating two boards for different swimlanes arrangements.]

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2019

No, you can't have that. As I answered above, swimlanes (if you're using them) are permanently showing on the board, they can't change depending on a quick filter. You will most likely need to do this via 2 boards

Boo! Do you guys have any plans to include a feature to change swimlanes dynamically? This will be my last question. 

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2019

@Haresh Karkar 

Just to point out, I don't work for Atlassian. Many of the people who answer questions on this forum have been using the Atlassian products for a number of years and offer some of their time to help others. So I can't say what their plans are

Aah. My bad. I appreciate your help. 

0 votes
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2017

Quick filters and Swimlanes are 2 different things.

Quick filters reduce what's shown on the board, according to the JQL filter, but keeps the same board layout.

Swimlanes split the issues into separate rows (lanes), with anything that isn't covered by the lanes showing in a lane called Everything Else.

You're wanting a swimlane for Stories and a swimlane for Assignees, but they're not mutually exclusive - an issue could appear in both, which isn't allowed. So you'll need to stick to Quick filters for that.

Suggest an answer