Quick Filter to Show High Cycle Time on Kanban Boards

JD Lobue May 9, 2019

Does anyone know what the JQL field Jira uses to show high cycle times on a board? I want to highlight items that have been in progress for more than x days to the team on their board by using a quick filter, and want to know the field Jira uses to pull in a quick filter.

2 answers

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 26, 2019

Hi @JD Lobue 

You can try Time Between Statuses for customizing the calculation to get the Cycle and Lead Time of your Jira issues

Also, you can get the visual colour tagging on the issues where the time limits have been exceeded (for both Warning and Critical Time.

Regards 

Zoryana

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 14, 2019

Hi JD,

While Jira does store data on transitions in the database, there isn't a JQL field in native Jira that tracks that specific time in status per se.  There are some 3rd party apps for Jira Cloud that you could use to store that data in a custom field if you like, in turn I believe this would be something you could then search via JQL.  I know that there are two popular options, among others, you can find in Marketplace such as

If you're not looking for an add-on/plugin/app here, you could instead try to hack this out with some JQL, but I have to note that there are some limitations here.  For example, you could use a JQL filter such as

not status changed during (-10d, now()) AND resolution is empty

This could quickly show you issues that have not changed status in the last 10 days for example, but excluding issues that have a resolution value set.  The catch here is that any issue could be quickly transitioned back to a different state and then moved back again and it would reset this counter, so you might miss some issues that have been transitioned but were sitting in a particular status previously for a while.

I hope this helps.

Andy

Suggest an answer