Quick Filter excluding non-filtered issues Edited

My quick filter is set to:

"Epic Link" != RD-52 AND "Epic Link" != RD-464

However, when new issues are added to the board, they do not show up when this filter is used.   There is no Epic automatically assigned when new issues are added.

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Have you tried adding this?

OR “Epic Link” IS EMPTY

It may be that your filter is not pulling up items with no Epic.

Thanks Emily!  This worked!

This widget could not be displayed.
Alex Christensen Community Champion May 17, 2017

Have you tried the "not in" JQL operator instead of two "!=" operators? It would look like this:

"Epic Link" not in (RD-52, RD-464)

I would also check to see what the filter is for the board. It may be that there is conflicting JQL in the the board filter and Quick Filter you've applied.

Thanks Alex, I wasn't aware of using 'not in'.  I did make the change and confirmed there is no conflicting JQL, but the issues still disappeared.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

226 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you