Questions from a new user

Patrick Kim April 14, 2015

Hello,

I am trying to evaluate various Gantt tools in JIRA, and have a few questions about Gantt-Chart for JIRA that I couldn't find in the documentation.

1)  Is there a way for the Gantt chart to use the duration field to calculate the end date?  If so, how do I implement this?

2)  The default Gantt chart that is made for an existing JIRA project seems to sort by assignee.  How can I organize this into various "groups"?  For example, I would like to have a "Preliminary Design" stage, and group several tasks under that.

Thanks for your help!

Patrick K.

1 answer

0 votes
Ansar Rezaei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2015

Hi

I test all of JIRA Gantt plugins and unfortunately, I didn't have good experiences with them. Indeed if you need to see all of your tasks at a single view like MS Project you see they work slowly and I think it's because of browsers that not strong enough to showing huge lists of tasks. I suggest tools like Ceptah that sync your issues with MS project. You simply track your issues in JIRA and use scheduling capability of MS Project for rest of them.

Suggest an answer